The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After two years of fighting rotor loss on my R76 in rice I've just about decided to give up and put a stripper on it. Is there anything special you have to do to get the header to perform right on a Gleaner? How much will settings change? Does the adapter hook the throat up off set or does it just center it up on the header and run the header off set to the combine? The shelborne dealer said an adapter would run about $3000 does that sound about right seemed a little high to me no more than there was to it.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Id call shelborne in Colby, Ks directly. 3k for a throat kit sounds a bit steep. As far as settings on the combine it depends on the crop. I have zero experience in rice but in wheat I have put thousands of acres through a R65 with a stripper front. In wheat ya block of portions of the cage depending on how hard it is to thresh. Your rotor loss will all but disappear but under some conditions you will overload your shoe on the RH side since its pretty much a waterfall of grain coming in before it even reaches the seperator side of the rotor. It will wear your machine alot less than a straight cut header since your not taking in all that mog. Having said all that I dont run a shelborne I run and old massey/agco stripper header thats 13 years old. I have dealt with shelborne in Colby on several occasions, I converted my agco header to use shelborne teeth and they are great people to deal with.

·
Super Moderator
5,038 Posts
Not the Cvs and rice model they are both offset. The new style like you have Don is centered but I am not sure if it's offered in a rice model.
I made a incorrect assumption Snipe, thanks for the correction.:eek:
I'm also not sure any of the newer models are offset.:confused:

Interesting, we did run the SR with no GPS offset yet had to offset MacDon 23 cm.
But the SR effective strip width is over 41' and we just left it at MacDon width.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.