The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an 09 9770 from a dealer that was supposed to be "field ready". The dealer has very good customer service - came out to the field to set me up - did loss assessment with a catch pan etc. Harvested entire spring wheat crop and now discovered the covers that go in front of the conveying augers under the rotor were missing! (they remove them for washing the machine so water can drain out) From what I'm hearing my yields are very similar to my neighbors but can anyone speculate on how much grain I might have lost?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
We wash ours out regularly and I know they are easy to forget. I bet you didn't lose much though, the gap would have filled with chaff and crap pretty quickly I think.

·
Registered
653 Posts
on a rotor machine the momentem of the crop is always moving rearward. THus the crop when it goes thru the concaves is usaually towards the back half of the augers. On an old conventional combine like 9600 u would of noticed it would of been bad, you would of never got any in your bin. My guess is you didnt loose as much as u would think you would.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts