The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Anyone Used one of the shoup Gateway chaffers before? We got one last week for one of the combine. It seems to be built good. The teeth are a white plastic. It didnt come with a wiring harness. But we just used the one from the old chaffer. It seems to be about 288 sq In bigger because it doesnt have the black fingers on the back. It was almost $550 cheaper then a deere one. I guess we will see how good it is in the long run.
Shoup seems to have a lot of good quality parts at good prices too.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Please keep us posted after you have run this chaffer for awhile. I've been eye-balling them myself. As for Shoup's products,, I buy everything there that I can. I haven't been disappointed yet.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Shoup may have good prices, but you end up getting what you pay for. It's $550 cheaper than Deere for a reason. Personally I wouldn't buy anything from them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It wouldnt be cheaper then deere if they would stop rasing the prices. It was the same price as deere 2 years ago.

·
Registered
578 Posts
the reason it's cheaper is because it doesnt come in a box with the leaping deere on it. i have bought over $20,000 of parts from the and im very satisfied. if i am gonna buy chinese made s h i t i want the chinese made price!

·
Registered
131 Posts
We've had guys think they're getting a good deal by going with shoup gathering chains, but where's that deal when the chains start falling apart?

·
Registered
340 Posts
ALL chains fall apart,, and when they do the "deal" is the same no matter where you bought them. You have to buy another..

Are you actually trying to say that since Deere parts cost more they don't wear out!?? lol

·
Registered
578 Posts
a few years ago when i first started using Shoup's products i bought a roll of american made chain from them. at the same time i was replacing chain i replaced several sprockets on a 9610. not being that familiar with Shoup or thier products i opted to buy the sprockets from the dealer, becuase i wanted 'the good stuff' well when they came in they had a sticker placed on each and every one of them "MADE IN CHINA" so youre gonna have to tell that bull$**** somewhere else that oem is better than Shoup's. sounds like a commision drawing parts man talking to me! I'm sure lots of Shoup's parts are made i China, I know lots of Deere's are. One again if im getting Chinese parts i want a Chinese price. Who in thier right mind wouldnt??

·
Registered
193 Posts
AMEN!!!! brewmax well said, there isn't to many american made parts for purchase for our so called american made machines!

·
Registered
6 Posts
just cause it's made in china doesn't mean it's built worse. they can put the same things into the mfg in china as they do in america. it all depends on the quality they put into it. like said before, you get what you pay for

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Well I know we bought alot of bearings from Deere for our 750 drill, but they kept failing. So we went to the local auto parts store and got a bounch of chinese made bearings...guess what they lated alot longer. Turns out the deere bearings only have a dab of grease in them and the "cheap" ones where packed full. The Deere techs new about it too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts