The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here we go that's mine it's a 1986 we got rebuilt two years ago

we put a specialty rotor ,chopper in the first year then a this time we had a 1020 17ft6in header and a six row 863 corn head
last year we bought a 25'FT 1020 and put on duals and big rear tires,feeder reverse, 2388 hydro handle bin extensions and this year i plan on putting a 208'' unloader auger and oil bath gearbox

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
wow looks great how many hours??

i can't show my 2 1460's i would but they are put away till next summer you should have posted this earlier

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Fantastic looking machine you got there. Being an '86, the cab was originally red, right? The black cab and squirrel cage sure look classy. I like all of your lighting improvements, too. And the mirrors. And the hydro handle. I can keep going...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
total 5230 hours,but we got a new motor from two years ago when the original one took fire due to a misworking oil pump maybe she had 500 hrs less at this time

·
Registered
25 Posts
Boy I"m a loving that machine, that looks sharp

Are all functions operational on the hydro handle? Was it a hard job or not? I'd like to do something like that to my 1680 but am not quite sharp enough.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
all is operational except the unloader clutch but we'll do it before the next harvesting season when we did did the job we had enough loll the unloader clutch is more tough to do the rest was pretty much simple( reasonable) fore and aft , up and down, feeder up and down unloader swing, I could have put field tracker if i had one!lol

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
well the 1977 to 1984 1400 series had white roof tops our 84 has the white one and our 85 1460's has a blackone and the center if you look closer you can see it had been painted there is some shows of red in there

·
Registered
7 Posts
My brother in law passed away in August, and have been using his 1460 to combine his corn. It has a 1044 wide row corn head and it sure can gobble up the corn. It had a new updated rotor about 6 yrs. ago, new separator fan assembly, and rebuilt hydro 2 yrs. ago. It has 3500 hrs on it and sure runs good. Am thinking about buying it and the serial number is 1700?????, was wondering if anyone has a break down of serial numbers corresponding with what year they were built. I think he said one time it was a '79.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well this is my 1983 1460 i wish i had more pic but she if in hear work clothes right now in the field setting i wish i was running but muddy . Just got it this year it got 3500 hours and almost every thing is new on the inside of it. last guy eat a rock and not a small one so every thing needed work.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i think that you can do it on a 81' only if it is the electric model.
we had an older 1460 before we get this one but i don't remember what year it was I'm sure it's 80 or 81ours was all manual we had no automatic header height and the unloader swing was not electric, you had to pull a lever if you don't had this, you can do it for sure
i just don't remember from what year they made them electric

·
Registered
159 Posts
Rusty I have a serial Number breakdown. I'm not sure what your serial number is but 1978 started at U001501 and 1979 started at U005501 hopes this helps
Kelly

1 - 20 of 33 Posts