The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded 8010 for 8120 and am wondering if the 20 series is updated so you can turn on the side lights with the turn signal switch. I had to run a seperate switch on the 10 and just wanting to know if I need to pull the switch and wires and install it on the 20.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I'm wanting to do this also. It is sad that you could turn on the side lights on my old 2188 with the turn signal, but not on my 8010. Why did they go back wards??

·
Registered
463 Posts
You can with the turn signal with the newer software. Left Right Left Center, should turn them on. For the 10 series with older software I just took out the hazard fuse and left the turn signal to the right.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Do you have ver 21 on the 600? My 7010 wouldn't let me turn the side lights before ver 21, now I can. Just turn signal to left turn & back to neutral quick & side lights stay on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have to look for sure but believe I ran a wire from the turn signal fuse to a switch then back to fuse. When in field turn the turn signal left and then shut off the switch i install and it shuts off the turn signals. When roading just turn the switch back on. I also have just pulled out the turn signal fuse when in field and stuck it back in when roading.
Soo will an 09 8120 have new enough software in it? This just seems silly that they did this anyway!!! Has to be developed by the same guy that built the grain saver on the unload!! Update was really nice if you wanted a shorter auger that dribbled corn just like the one before it!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts