The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are debating about trading our CR on a John Deere but the sieves on the 9770 look awfull small. Does anyone have both units CR and STS and knows how they compare.Especially in terms of losses and reliability. Also considering lexion590 and 9895. Is there beside hp any difference between 9870/9860 and 9770? I had a demo 9670 in canola once and I was disapointed. We combine mainly canola barley wheat and lentils. Any thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
778 Posts
STS's have a great reputation around here for being a good canola machine so I would be inclined to think that the one you demoed was set wrong.

I wouldn't worry too much about the sieve on a 9770. You will most likely run out of horsepower before throwing over on the shoe. Anyone I knew running a 9770 last year said that power was always the limiting factor. The 9860 had more trouble with that due to the large engine.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Only did 200 acres of canola last year on the side, always had some loss, seemed like a small trail of canola out the backend, like it ran down the frame, didn't do a count. But in 45-60 bu durum 36ft head running her till she's working, it did all I wanted it to do.
Farmerjones, I'd like the list in the differences, as I am running an 06 9660sts. Know of some changes but not all.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
we run all green and have done for many years. you cannot reasonably compare a 9870 to a mf 9895 or 590 lexion. they are not in the same ballpark. capacity dosen't worry us so much cos we are in a dry climate with easy to thrash wheat (most of the time). i imagine your conditions would be a lot tougher needing more hp and cleaning ability.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts