The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sieve rail is rubbing on the inside of the combine on the elevator side Put new bushings and needle Bering on that side last fall but didn't do the other side. But I cant seem to find anything loose on ether side. The back of the rails are square GOT ME PUZZLED. and help would be great

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think you must have lost a spacer washer or two when putting the linkage arms back on/together. We have had enough of them apart that we make a picture of all the arms and write down how many washers at every spot then adjust as needed when it is all back together and snugged up.
The other thing i have seen is guys will put one side together with sieve assembly forward,center or rear in its stroke and something moves and the other side goes together in a different position. This twists the rails as they move . If one side was center and other was fwd or rear you may nor notice a big dif but it may rub. Always have it centered in its stroke when putting arms back together.

·
Registered
93 Posts
you may want to check that the sieve rails are not cracked on the front. ( the very front of the the seive rail towards the auger bed)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I fond the bushing on the bottom of the sieve was bad, and replaced it and also put washers on the other side and now runs straight after 8hrs of running. I figured it wasn't the rails cause it wasn't banging. I put rails in from sloan express the heavy duty ones about 1500 hrs ago they are twice the rail IH sells. Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts