The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the S78 delivered and shipped off the Massey. Should we take out all reverse bars on rotor ?? We will be harvesting hard red spring wheat, canola and peas.
Is there any thing else we should be looking at getting done before we hit the field?
Wheat is about 4 ft tall should be 60+ bus/ac and canola is going to be in the 50 bus area.
We have 35 ft flex head for the wheat and peas - the canola will be in 35 ft swaths.
The S77 just needs the heavy feeder clutch installed but still has reverse bars still in as well.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Are you asking me specifically what to do?
Your crops would be different to ours to harvest but I will try mine as it comes first then if I'm not happy I will take out the reverse bars and put in the belly bar at least. The way it is looking our crops will be not good as we are getting no rain and lots of frosts .
I put the double belt feeder drive with bigger slip clutch on last year and had no trouble feeding. I feel the 10% speed difference on the chains makes it feed better.
I'm in France and was at a farm yesterday and they had their best yields ever @10t/ha but all feed.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Well what we really like to do is this: set feed droms to second from lowest position witch still allows MAX height position. Move rear feed shaft 1.5" forward. We have machine shop make the bearing plates and template. Gleaner will likely have kit for this in future. Moving shaft has it's own benifits but also allows me to do another good thing. I allows me to built a filler into top left corner of feeder so I can run a helical over it. I also add a helical next to gearbox wall so it will bring straw around and drop in very center of feeder. I still add a helical at 12:00 position ahead of chopper even though only three discharge paddles. then you know my feelings on rotor sweeps and Sunnybrook now has a kit to do this to the new rotors that are missing the mounts. My brother the Gleaner selling guru has started to have me do this to most all machines. Now that is my story and i'm sticking to it

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
How come they don't send you the prototype machines to have these updates done before it is mass produced
Im curious as well, why are you still just doing this stuff on your own at one dealership and isn't shared across the whole dealer network? We all know agco reads this, and in particular his posts on setting up a transverse. I guess your free R&D for agco nddan....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.