The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The 1890 started out as a 9m machine, I bought it one year old, it was near new and in perfect condition, had to truck it about 700km but it was a little over half new price, and id left it to late to order a new one from the factory and have it delivered to Australia, so this was next best. I cut and stretched the wings to 12m, the main idea of this was to get a transport width of under 4.5m, stardard jd 12m folded with is closer to 6m, but over here under 4.5 means we only need one pilot vehicle to move it on public roads, and as I'm now a one man operation I can usually find one person to help me for an hr shift to my next job rather than two people, thankfully my wife is willing to do this most times.
The aircart is a 2014 simplicity unit, it was purchased as what they call a 'pull mount' ie would normally be mounted on the A frame of a drawn implement, this saved me considerable amounts and let me build a undercarriage for it with adjustable wheel track from 2m to 3m should our clients go down the 12m tramtracking path in time to come, I won't need to update cart I can adjust wheel track instead, I've made it with a steerable front axle, as in time it can be unhooked off this rig and hooked onto a 3pl fertilizer bar which we use a little from time to time, and having the front axle steer makes reversing the cart at the end of irrigation fields much easier

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
That's a neat setup, how do you find the 1890? Alot of them have been popping up in my area over the last 2 or 3 years. What spacings?

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Aussie, its set up on 400mm, Im quite happy with it, I think they are a machine that can do a nice job in a fairly wide range of conditions, I feel with discs its a matter of knowing the limitations, but in saying that this year we planted in some really marginal conditions and im really pleased with the results. I had a 3pl machine before this that I built the frame for with excel single discs on it but I find the deere much more serviceable(eg the excel was a pain in the .... to put new discs on, the deere is a breeze by comparison) and consistant over the width of the rig, more depth adjustments also help. I like the ability to hold weight down on the row units, I didn't have this before because it was 3pl,so to be fair to the excel this may have helped it to, i know I can cover a lot of area in a day when I need to, and clients seem happy with the low fuel use per ha. I think ive done the right thing updating it.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is the first unit I had aussie, excel units on a bar I made,12m 3pl folding frame, 1330 flexicoil converted from trike to quad wheels(no frame mods so could easily be converted back if we ever wanted/needed to) rear axle changed to bring it into 2m

Vehicle Chassis Wheel Tire Automotive wheel system

Transport Vehicle Wheel Machine Soil

Motor vehicle Vehicle Transport Wheel Auto part

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Mode of transport Tire

1 - 6 of 6 Posts