The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9650 sts ---once again
it has a single point hookup on it. how do you change the speed of the feeder??? the oil line from the upper sheave onthe feeder is hooked into the hyd. block on the single point hookup, how do you energize this to change the speed of the feeder??

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
This is from JD Service Advisor, this should tell you about the single point hookup.

When the combine is attached to any header without a reel (for example a corn head or a belt pick-up head), no reel raise/lower cartridge will be present in the header multi-coupler half. Pressing the reel raise switch (feeder house speed increase) will send pressurized oil from the valve stack through an internal passage in the combine multi-coupler housing to the feeder house speed cylinder.

When the combine is attached to a platform header, a reel raise/lower cartridge will be present in the header multi-coupler half. When the multi-coupler is connected to the header, the reel raise/lower switch in the cab will raise and lower the reel normally. To increase feeder house speed, the multi-coupler must be disengaged and the operator must press the reel raise switch on the multifunction control handle.

Due to the internal design of the multi-coupler cartridges, when a combine with the variable speed feeder house option is connected to a platform header, feeder house speed will automatically slow to minimum when the reel is fully lowered. Feeder house speed then cannot be increased until the multi-coupler lever is disengaged.

IMPORTANT:
When using a cutting platform, feeder house backshaft speed (header speed) must be as slow as possible to prevent accelerated wear of the cutterbar and to avoid excessive header vibration.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tom, you da man!!! thanks. i knew there was some kinda trick just didnt know what. i never run this machine so had no clue. ill relay the message.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I learned this the other day when hooking up a 9660 walker to an 893 head. Apparently the reel hyd oil also has an internal bypass when using a corn head so the oil can flow thru.

jd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts