The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently bought an R65 that has a single point hookup for the header. I intend to run my older 27' 400 header that is currently set up to work with my 88 R50. Is there somewhere to get the Header side of the single point hookup other than one of my nearby Gleaner dealers, who both want around $1000 for the header plate and connectors?
Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think Lankota make the ones that the dealers sell. I looker on their website and they say "To order, or for more information, contact your local John Deere®, CaseIH®, New Holland® or Agco® Dealer. "

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
What they mean by the above is that they encourage sales thru their dealers - which are the same people that sell the OEM, also handle Lankota. Does not mean they make the OEM products.

You can call Lankota directly, they may direct you to order thru one of their local dealers. or not.

To the OP - the single points are EXPENSIVE, mostly because of all the hydraulic parts in there. If you do not need any of the hydraulic parts (no hydraulics on head) Headsight has what you need. We have simple "electrical only plates" that will hold the electrical connection, and electrical adapters. Call us at 574 546 5022. I suggest having a picture of the current connections on your header, as AGCO used so many varieties I encourage verifying. From that we will either have or can make you an adapter harness. Or you can get the adapter from Agco and use our plate.

edit- went back and realized you are wanting to put on a platform with reel. Your only options are to buy a new single point (Agco or Lankota) or find a wrecked header. Or take the one off the combine. Note that that can get really messy if its OEM - as you now have no way to securely connect the electrical. If its an "update", easy to remove.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Help me understand. I have a 67 r62 running an older? 800 head. It has hyd reel drive and hyd for/aft reel. There are 2 electric plugs for hieght control and hazard lites (has both 3 spring and potentiometers and use the old 3 spring). I have to plug 2 hoses together and 2 wire connectors. How wonderful is it to have a chunk of all that in one VS what I'm doing. I can't see the advantage for the money. I must be missing something. Enlighten me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hydraulic Reel Drive and Reel Raise and lower are all the function I have on the head. no electronics. I was hoping for a source for the plate that's less expensive, but it looks like Ill just use hydraulic couplers.
Anyone every use Pioneer quick couplers as opposed to the proprietary Gleaner screw on coupler with the wings? Would they restrict flow in a way that Gleaner coupler does not?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Anyone every use Pioneer quick couplers as opposed to the proprietary Gleaner screw on coupler with the wings?
I will have to look and see I thought maybe one of those wing type couplers was replaced by a regular pioneer coupler on my sassy massey.
I've seen the wing type listed somewhere I don't think they are proprietary.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Help me understand. I have a 67 r62 running an older? 800 head. It has hyd reel drive and hyd for/aft reel. There are 2 electric plugs for hieght control and hazard lites (has both 3 spring and potentiometers and use the old 3 spring). I have to plug 2 hoses together and 2 wire connectors. How wonderful is it to have a chunk of all that in one VS what I'm doing. I can't see the advantage for the money. I must be missing something. Enlighten me.
I guess I wonder myself. Outside of a little neater, I'm not sure why I'd want to blow $1,000+. Is there some earth shattering advantage

1 - 10 of 10 Posts