The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What concaves does every one use for beens? Standard large wire, Large skip wire, Small wire, Small skip wire or round bar? Anybody out there running hellicals in beans? Just currious what every one runs, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
224 Posts
We ran the large wires last season and had alot of pods in the tank so we switched to the small wire in the front 4 and slot concaves in the back worked good! Our csr told us the only thing the skip wires are good for is cleaning your boots off at the shop door!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Guys, I'm The Disrupter Guy -I have been rebuilding concaves and rotor bars in Il for over 28 years and this is how I set up my concaves after they are rebuilt and hardfaced, I lieve all the wires in the front concave and remove every other wire in the back two. Perfect for corn and beans. In wheet you should put cover plates under #1 and 1/2 of # 2. Thrashing happenes on the front concave- seperation happens right after that. Wires are in the concave for corn cobs only. removing half of the wires just lets the beans have a longer cleaning area. Now remember I do this to a new square edged concave bar. Concaves are worn out and need to be looked at between 1500 & 1800 hours. Now I know some of you think that a concave won't wear out that fast but when your having trouble thrashing, does a dealer sell you a new concave or maybe bring out a new machine to demonstrate. A lot of you buy a used combine with 1500 Plus hours and bring it to me with 2500 hours. I fix it and you say S--- I never knew it would work like this but you never ran it when it was new. I have opened a new business in Frankfort In. C M Welding Inc. Web page cmweldinginc.com Free consuling- Call me sometime. 765-891-1722 Thanks Donnie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts