The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently just have the keystock grates. Are the slotted grates worth the $600 for wheat and barley. For those of you who are running slotted grates for barley and wheat, where to you run the bolt on channels? On outside or inside? In center of slots or between the slots? thanks.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think the slotted grates are worth the extra money. We run slotted grates with the channels on the outside so we don't drop too much chaff on the sieves. We run front 2 grates with the channels covering the slots and 3rd grate with no channels to let any grain that made it that far to get out. You will just have to play with it though to see what is best for your conditions. The keystock grates are going to let way too much chaff onto the sieves.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi cow

I have a 2388 and run one to two large wire concaves in the last or middle position for higher yielding crops of wheat and barley. Usually one in the last position all the time, then as the yields increase add one in the middle position.

As for the key stock grates i run one in the middle position in the grates. I think that this lets the grain out that may be still in the rotor. I run the slotted grates without any bars at all in the first and last position.

This would be for wheat that is yielding 60 - 100 bushells.

This settings really helped decrease my rotor losses.

If yield are low then it have all three slotted grates in all the time, and only one large wire concave in the last position.

Hope this helps

Jimmy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts