The Combine Forum banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Honestly,look over the specs and look any machine over super well! The amount of moving parts and super difficult to work on/repair is the only thing that keeps me from buying a big Massey. Cheap and big capacity. Always thought they looked nice tho.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Just to clarify from what mf cowboy had posted, is that the 750 won’t work In canola or it won’t work well and if so, is there things a guy can do to make it work?
Those machines will combine canola just fine.
I ran a 851 pull type for many years.
Sometimes with a big 40 to 50 bu canola crop had trouble getting canola through the small table auger.
The later 9000 headers with the larger table auger solved that problem.
They feed better.
And I just sold my 851 to the neighbor this fall after it sat outside for 4 years for a little more than scrap price.
Sad to see it go, but no demand for pull types any more and it would have just rusted away in the bush.

·
Registered
430 Posts
There are lots of new niche markets perfect for smaller acreages that may need more intense management or some minor processing. A world of opportunities out there right now, Good Luck and have fun!

·
Premium Member
4,043 Posts
I run them old MF ers for years they worked good when they worked. For a small acre farm on a limited budget I would look for a L gleaner. Not bad capacity easier to do maintenance on than the Massey.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts