The Combine Forum banner

Small grains concave

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  HHSparts 
#1 ·
Im installing a concave in the 590 this winter and havent settled on any brand yet. We farm just wheat, flax and canola. HHS has the nice sectional concave but the front is just a round bar. Not sure its the best wheat concave. Is a sunnybrook alot better than oem claas? What other companies build concaves for lexion? What works best in small grains? Any input is appreciated.

#3 ·
For the crops you are doing I would avoid the round bar. The sunnybrook with the v pattern and boronizing should be a help. How many hours do you have on your concave? I have around 900 on my small grain concave and hope it will make 1500 or more hours. What type of cylinder do you have in it now?

#6 ·
Our HHS Concave has the easily removable sections in the front third of the concave. The rest of the current concave we offer is roundbar. Other options for the back of the concave could be available in the future. Right now the roundbar on the back seems to give the best flexibility and performance in different crops. With the way the Lexion allows you to change the APS grates quickly and the HHS concave allows quick change of the SAME APS grates is the real bonus. 9 different combinations can be used to achieve the best performance in any crop. Check out HHSparts.com for more info.
Jeremy Hurt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.