The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for a small GOOD pressure washer that can be moved around easy. I’ve got big easy kleen now that comes out to wash area in the summer. I’m looking for something that I can pick up, bring out of garage and use in warmer winter days to wash bit of salt, snow off back of suv/ trucks, wife can use in summer to wash steps/deck around house. Reviews of canadian tires brand is not positive and not expecting lifetime of use but more then one season. Let’s hear what you guys think, thank you.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
50 hours sound like a joke, guess most times it’ll run 10-15 minutes tops. I may get couple seasons outa it

·
Registered
930 Posts
Karcher makes some smaller washers. We have had good luck with there bigger hot water units. I don't know if this translates in to good quality in the smaller ones though. In the past we just bought the smaller el cheepo washers from places like Peeve mart, Canadian tire and places like that, and Albertabuck is right they were pretty much junk after one season of washing farm equipment.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I don't know if any of the small ones a worth the money and effort. I had a couple of small karchers and they were ok but so slow a guy was ready to throw them in the bush after 5 minutes. The bigger of the 2 still weighed 30 pounds and with the wand, garden hose, and power hooked up it was just a pita. Further ahead to throw a couple bucks at the car wash for a quick rinse in my opinion. As far as quality goes though, karcher has been good.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I picked up a small pressure washer at Costco last year it was a Yamaha and I think it is around 3200 pounds PSI but only 2.6 gallons it has worked good for us so far can’t remember the price but I’m thinking around $250.

·
Registered
328 Posts
We have a big one and a cheap one from Princess Auto........long story short....90 % of the time we use the cheap one from Princess Auto. In the last 10 years, we have replaced the pump once and we also had a problem with the engine. Those engines were on sale and i think we paid 110$ for the new one. PA has all of those parts in stock. The smaller pressure washer is way handier and thats the reason we use it more often.
The bigger one we only use in fall when we wash all machines before they go in storage.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree with you beerwiser, and I do spend money at town car wash but it’s times where coming home 15 miles gravel or snow dust that I wanna wash while it’s not froze yet.
hauling grain today and rear of tandem you couldn’t see the lights for mud.
JoRu I think you’re right about the smaller unit, but my big gas one has 100’ hose with a 4’ long wand on it. Sure like the 4 foot wand for reaching up, and for keeping me clean as well

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have you seen the small Sthil machines? I have heard good things about them and know of 1 that has been in use doing the same sort of thing your looking to do and it’s been going 5 or so years.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Biggav, never seen those before. I like stihl equipment, this will hopefully be as good.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Bought a new holland model pressure washer with a Honda engine and it works very well! Bought it on clearance for 499$ at my local dealer.

·
Registered
275 Posts
We had a small Karcher one that worked really well. Had a hose to add soap if you wanted. But it needs to be stored warm as it does not drain and freezing will crack something, learned that the hard way, fortunately it was only the wand. Looking on their website, you can pick up really good small ones for under $200.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Р
I don't know if any of the small ones a worth the money and effort. I had a couple of small karchers and they were ok but so slow a guy was ready to throw them in the bush after 5 minutes. The bigger of the 2 still weighed 30 pounds and with the wand, garden hose, and power hooked up it was just a pita. Further ahead to throw a couple bucks at the car wash for a quick rinse in my opinion. As far as quality goes though, karcher has been good.
Hi, can you please tell the exactly model of this small karchers that you had.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts