The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What in the heck is it and whats the difference size ect... from the afx were used to.

can you get it in a 2588 and how much more does it cost.

thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's a rotor that was designed for rice. It does great in rice and soybeans, but I doon't know about corn or other crops. It's 2 inches in diameter smaller than the afx with 1 inch taller rasp bars. Also less bars (not sure about the #), with a different wrap angle. Only available in 7010/8010 as of today, will more than likely be available for all models in 2009. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I checked out the price difference the other day. I believe it was $5800 more than AFX. Too much in my opinion for corn & soybeans. Stayed with standard afx on my order.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I wounder how it would work in dry conditions. For us its dump conditions what is relay meters but you know some times it happens dry season so how it would work then? hope we need no buying AFX rotor as an DIA

·
Registered
504 Posts
Your Specialty rotor started its life down south as a rice rotor then the rest of the US caught on and started buying it for their hard to thresh crops. I run the other color red but from what I've heard from my neighbor that has a small tube rotor in his 7010 its awesome. He says its much better than the stock AFX rotor. His crops are soybeans, rice and milo.

Go ahead and spend some of that moldy money you got and get the rice package. All stainless steel augers and tubes plus the new rotor. Can't be that much more expensive...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thats OK but what about wheat and barley. raps (canola)? from what I heard it works much better in whet conditions compare to AFX but "not better" in dry. the question is how much "not better"?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'd like to see a picture of one. I would like to compare it to a small tube rotor we just bought for our 2188 called a Bison Rotor. We do wheat also so I'm excited to see how it does in dry conditions. The web site is www.bisonrotor.com if anybody wants to take a look and compare it to a Case IH rice rotor.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Thats OK but what about wheat and barley. raps (canola)? from what I heard it works much better in whet conditions compare to AFX but "not better" in dry. the question is how much "not better"?

I couldn't answer that question. I'll find out what it does in wheat here in a few more weeks and report back. Its more aggressive than a specialty rotor so I'd imagine you could set it a big wider or slower to compensate for the aggressiveness.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts