The Combine Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Get the small tube rotor! We have it in our 7010 and it uses less fuel and will give you about 1mph in green stem beans. We didn't see much difference in corn. We felt that as long as it was at least as good as the standard AFX rotor in corn we would be VERY happy with it... and we were.

I ran my 07' 7010 next to my neighbors 03' 8010 and I could go about 1mph faster in beans then he could. Horsepower was the limiting factor for both of us. Both running 36' draper heads.

Really the only difference in these two machines is his 8010 has 10'' wider sieves. He can't set his combine to give him full power all the time like I can in my 7010. So unless he has his unloader on our 2 machines were virtually the same hp. My 7010 in power rise mode will put out about 402hp and his without the unloader on is around 400-410 I think.

He was running about 4mph and I was running about 4.8-5mph in pretty tough greenstem 93M11s doing 60-70bpa.

You won't be disappointed.

G

·
I heard the same thing at the red deer farm show. Expect 15% more capacity in tough conditions when running the ST rotor.

·
Registered
929 Posts
He can turn the power up to full boost all the time with the service tool? I should tell this him this. The only bad thing is he doesn't need the power for corn but it probably wouldn't make a whole lot of difference if you don't work it hard in corn.

I like to run it in boost mode for corn and power rise for beans. I was burning about 12-13 gal/hr in corn and 16-17 gal/hr in beans. Thats running 5-6mph in 200bu corn with an 8 row head, and 4.5-5.5 in 55-65bu beans with a 36' head.
I burned less fuel with the 7010 then I did with my 2388.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
They are the rice rotor. Supposed to give material more places to go, which makes sense. The only part of the rotor doing the threshing is the rub bars, so if you can reduce the restriction in other places, efficiency should go up without any loss in quality or threshing ability.

Hopefully that 15% isn't the same type of 15% that deere claimed with the bullet rotor!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have heard that the small tube rotor is good for rice, soybeans and wheat but it is not recommended for corn, exact reason unconfirmed at this time. It is promoted as a rice option only and has a higher price tag than the standard AFX rotor.
Anyone operate an ST rotor equipped machine in corn this year that also has experience with the AFX rotor as well and have any input? I'd be interested in your comments on the comparison.

·
Registered
929 Posts
We have it in our 7010 and its about a wash in corn and we saw about a 20-25% increase in beans. Well worth it imo. It will probably be the next standard rotor in all CIH combines with in the next 1-2 years according to the CIH guy we worked with in product development this year.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Quote:Get the small tube rotor!

I ran my 07' 7010 next to my neighbors 03' 8010 and I could go about 1mph faster in beans then he could. Horsepower was the limiting factor for both of us. Both running 36' draper heads.

There is one problem, you are comparing the 07-7010 to a 2003-8010 and there are some very big differences in the internal cone/rotor cage/vane layouts between your machine and the 2003. Those changes alone will account for the difference you experienced and not the small tube rotor. Go and have a look at your neighbours machine and look closely at your machine and you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
809 Posts
At this time the small tube rotor is reminding me of the specialty rotor when it was first out....it works great in soybeans but not sure about corn.

The corn we harvest now is a different plant than the corn we grew 5 years ago. With BT, Headline use, high yields and stay green, corn is not the easy threshing crop it once was.

·
Registered
256 Posts
This question might have come up before does Case offer the small tube rotor on the 21-2388s? Also having a problem on this site at night very slow anyone else, would have used another cat. but took about 5 min to get to here, during the day everythings fine, thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts