The Combine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a yarn with a few bloke today and we got on to the discussion about why no one makes a small combine anymore.
My answer to the question was they do they make one about 295hp. everyone laughted and said we want one about 180 hp keeping in mind in our area a big farm in 1000acs.
I know Claas make a funny little rice combine but I mean like a 7720 or 6620 size machine.

So my question is if they make one who does it and if not why don't they?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We run two 70 series john Deere now custom harvesting and I would like to get out of them and get a smaller one just to do my own 700acs and my neighbours 800 acs.
We are split season cropers mostly summer the last few years but now we are back around to a winter rotation. So what I'm trying to say is out of our area on half is under crop at once.
This why we start looking at smaller harvesters and how we got on to the conversation the other day.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
blanch ive got a nice tidy little 925flex front im wanting to sell, had a bloke from the coast quite keen on it for soybeans, but hes looking for a nice tidy smaller machine to put it on, 9500/9510 etc and even these size and age hes finding hard to find. it seems very much the case that the last few years everyone is just chasing bigger and bigger etc. personally I wish harvest stayed at the 9510 sorta size, at least harvest lasted for a month back then;)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Does Case still offer a 2166 size machine the were a good small combine, I think you could order anyone's little combine and get it, does JD still have a 9570 size, 30ft draper do the neighbours knock off for lunch, home early, get to all the family events, no traveling no sleeping in swags, how cool would that be!!! :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.