The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one I am new to the forum. I have been a farmer my whole life except for 12 years in the fire service. 7 years a Assistant Chief and 5 years as Chief. That gave me the budgeting management experience I have gained over the years. I consider myself progressive and aggressive. I like to be successful. I like to learn from the old school, and try to find way to move a company forward in todays world positively.

I like to learn from others and hope others learn from my mistakes.

HI

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Welcome! I have made a lot of mistakes you can learn from.

·
Premium Member
4,309 Posts
Welcome, I actually thought this was going to be a thread about combining in the snow haha, Harvest19 is the worst.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
What area/town in Oregon are you farming near as from the bits and pieces I've seen of farm areas down there its a vastly different climate depending on the area and therefore what crops are being grown.

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Oregon, I have a land lord that farms about 1300 acres in Oregon. Raises mostly vegetables. Can raise 200 bushel wheat and he says it isn't profitable. So much different than the North Central Montana area here. I can raise 20 bushel wheat if I grow it on fallow ground, well usually a bit better than yet. I would like to make it out and visit that area some time. Then had a college friend from the eastern side of oregon. Much different yet. What area you from? Enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts