The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
4 inches southwest of Blaine Lake. Would take 4 feet sledding fun and 2013 I think it was turned out awesome and we probably had feet that year was sledding May 5 still

·
Premium Member
5,389 Posts
Sasksodbuster that would be a welcome suprise where we are. We have had some snow but with no moisture in the ground last fall it will take a lot more moisture to make any kind of a crop. We hopefully have enough to germinate things this spring.

·
Super Moderator
3,050 Posts
My daughter travels SW SK, tells me any moisture would be welcomed.
Sent me some snowless photos from a few weeks ago, looked late fall.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just South of Saskatoon it snowed for 10 minutes. I sure would like to see a foot of snow.
Ground moisture was so dry last fall.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It has been an interesting winter . I think what Don said fits the opinion of anyone from our corner that traveled far .440 says they have very little and I sense that goes right on south until you are way south of the Transcanada..Interestingly we are in a typically drier low snowfall corner but we have 40" or more ,we had virtually no rain until after harvest last season..We are on the North edge of the extreme snow in Mt. .Havre is at 70" and set or beat all records back to 1880 .The highway from the port of Turner to Harlem ,about 50 miles was blocked in about 70 places in the last big storm a couple weeks back .There is only one bare spot in a field that I know of around here ,typically there are lots of bare sandy hills practically in my yard.

·
Registered
742 Posts
if this snow keeps at it...

Well things aren't looking good for us here... snow, more coming, no heat to melt anything, still over a foot of wet snow sitting on the ground..

just putting up some photos from last years seeding maps.. what a nightmare! we were stuck with the drills over 60 times.. seriously, over 60 times. you can sort of tell these are supposed to be square quarters.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Looks just like my 1rst in crop spraying. Burn off was fine, but that was it. You are not alone on getting stuck, neighbor was pushing 60 too on seeding. Makes for long ass days. Got 2" of snow last night covering what very little dark spots that were around. At midnight checking cows had 7 Canadian geese sitting on a run off slough, by 2:30 the snow was in full gear and I assume the geese ****** off back south as they were no where to be seen. I don't blame them either.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
were suppose to get snow Monday/Tuesday hehe already phonging around for feed barley)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I would give you a like on that Brian, but there is nothing to like about it:p. Looks the same here.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
We are just getting through corn tasseling down here and soybeans are still blooming right now
There's a guy that doesn't want to meet a Canadian in a dark alley!

We are under a severe thunderstorm watch and a winter weather advisory right now.

Cattle feed is getting freaking tight here. I can make May 5, trying to come up with a plan.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Supposed to get a pile of snow here tonight and tomorrow, I hope that by some slim chance we just get rain but sleet coming down at the moment. Short term impact might be a power outage for a while.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts