The Combine Forum banner

201 - 220 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I actually drove by there today with some time to kill but they were shut.
I want to talk with them and Tingleys and see both their parts departments.
Not sure about their parts in the building they are in but ground work has started for a new building in Saskatoon so they should be well stocked once they are up and running in it. The guys in there seem like nice people.

·
Super Moderator
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #203 (Edited)
Climate change...in the same day!

Indeed, a A/C chilled seat would be just dandy in the land down under.
About two days per harvest season I will use seat cooling and seat heat in the same harvest day.
You could have a sunny 25 degree afternoon, by 10 at night down to 10 degrees, outside no coat on discussing next location, you get chilled, turn the seat heat on for awhile.
There is virtually never a time you won't use cab air conditioning and heater the same day.
See what you're missing down under?:)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I would agree with most complaints here so far, but I can't believe nobody has mentioned the C-motion hydro handle. It is a very nice handle for sure but it also is the most poorly attached handle ever conceived the engineer who came up with that idea needs to be kicked in the rear end

·
Super Moderator
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #205 (Edited)
Could be just me

I would agree with most complaints here so far, but I can't believe nobody has mentioned the C-motion hydro handle. It is a very nice handle for sure but it also is the most poorly attached handle ever conceived the engineer who came up with that idea needs to be kicked in the rear end
It does have a bit of a Mickey Mouse attachment and I wish the on/off auger switch was placed differently. Somehow.
I sometimes push on/off instead of swing.
Doesn't much matter if auger is folded all the way in.
But if it isn't...
Still a far better handle then the other one, regardless.:)

·
Registered
984 Posts
I sat on the fence this past year debating on a lexion. Not a new one by any means. Way out of my league with only 2500 acres harvested max a year. We run an old N6 and an R62 which have served us incredibly well. I thought of jumping to one large combine and have a neighbor who has owned owned TR's and just before the purchase of his 2 lexions he had 2 green ones. He told me being green wasnt all it was cracked up to be. Terrible grain quality and ability to set them to keep your crop in the grain tank. I have often hated the 2 chain set up in gleaners feeder house as I have had issues with wrapping last year. After talking to many with the hard harvesting conditions every brand was having issues. Now hearing about the stone traps and no feed reverser I am thinking about sticking with silver. Say what you want about the Gleaners but servicing them and emptying stone traps and grain tank access which can always be improved as well as engine cooling systems sounds to be superior to anything out there. I havent got all the fancy electronic gadgets with mine other than field star which is a joke anyway but running a combine and knowing your machine has gone out the window. I don't find myself making adjustments to my machine 3 times a day. Cylinder speed I change as conditions require but the chaffer and clean grain rarely need adjustment. They arent huge by anymeans for capacity in canola which is their down fall and why I looked over the fence to see what was out there to begin with. We grow clovers etc and recently faba beans which I can say again with all the green crap entering the combine the sample was incredible and no chopper or feeding issues. 5-800 acres of canola with a different combine might save me 2 days. Now I don't think spending a huge amount of cash to a different brand is going to pay for itself. My neighbor likes his Lexions and says that like with anything you can improve stuff but knows that Deere isn't in his future unless they change something drastically. I know fuel consumption is through the roof with these machines but cost per acre is where it counts. The Cats in Lexion are way better than the green machines I am told. A few years back the green guys had engine failures. One guy was driving his combine to the truck with last hopper of the year when the engine let go luckily, and the the other 2 guys were down to one machine during harvest and hired help while the new motors got installed. Now nothing in their shed that has a Deere emblem for combining gets many hours before its replaced. This apparently hasn't stopped the feeder chains from busting up front lol. New machine 2 years ago and 4 chains in one season. He had a Case to demo 3 years ago and was really impressed but the only thing that stopped him was resale value and dealer support close enough. He loved the hydraulic concave on the case and quality of grain. I drive by his farm to get the mail every couple of days and watching his airseeded stubble makes me wonder how brand faithful one can be!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I find this thread interesting...I do agree on some things like the climbing in the grain tank and some of those other little things but after running a 760 for one season after deeres before I would never go back. The ability to thresh a good sample with minimal loses is something I would never go without.

·
Registered
497 Posts
To me the stone trap is such a non issue with our machine, it's caught every stone so far and we have a hockey stick so you don't get dusty big deal, it's no different than our 9600 is, the main thing is it catches stones. The chopper plugging is solved by keeping hardened blades in there and don't let them get to round. To me there's only 2 issues with these combines that actually matter the rest is petty $hit, impeller plugging in green soybeans and at slow speeds in edible beans and number 2 is the return elevator is to small for the combine and will not do confection sunflowers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is the chopper plugging something they are all prone to or is it more of a 7 series issue?
I have a 760 with a Prochop and have NO issues with plugging:54: , i actually dont understand why not more guys run it.Maybe if you do corn you have to change a couple things on it !
And for all the other issues ,i agree with most of them but you will NOT find a perfect combine. Maybe we should ask honest owners of any other color,what they dont like.....
For me my biggest headache is the acess to the graintank and the Impellerplugging in Soybeans but maybe its getting better with the new autostop (or whatever its called :) ).

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I have a 760 with a Prochop and have NO issues with plugging:54: , i actually dont understand why not more guys run it.Maybe if you do corn you have to change a couple things on it !
And for all the other issues ,i agree with most of them but you will NOT find a perfect combine. Maybe we should ask honest owners of any other color,what they dont like.....
For me my biggest headache is the acess to the graintank and the Impellerplugging in Soybeans but maybe its getting better with the new autostop (or whatever its called :) ).
Thanks.
Very true there is no perfect machine.:(
I was wondering if the chopper plugging was a problem on the 5 series also?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
There is something on every combine I've ever drove that I don't like on them. Some are more important issues then others but I'm sure every combine owner if being honest isn't happy about a few things on their machine. Or can think of ways to impove them.

And we did switch one machine from one shade of yellow and black to the other so I will see how big an issue some of these are this coming harvest.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
There is something on every combine I've ever drove that I don't like on them. Some are more important issues then others but I'm sure every combine owner if being honest isn't happy about a few things on their machine. Or can think of ways to impove them.

And we did switch one machine from one shade of yellow and black to the other so I will see how big an issue some of these are this coming harvest.
Just starting to look now. Not sure If I will pull the trigger on one yet, but hope to if the right deal comes up.
Maybe we will be able to compare notes in the fall.:)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Mine was aweful for thanks year. I carried and Allen key in the cab. Never been an issue before. I never did try loctite.
Loctite might help but i think I will try to make the fit of the handle onto the the lever tighter so that the 1 screw holding it will actually have a chance of holding it in place. Right now the set up is more like pin the tail on a donkey type set up....totally useless

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts

I know some owners of perfect combines, never a negative comment coming from them. Guess what colour.

201 - 220 of 296 Posts