The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got rained out todays so I thought i would post some pics I took yesterday. This has been a very dry year for us, so the corn hasn't been that great.

By the end of the day we needed a reel.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Re: Some NEMO corn harvest pics.

Nice Pics
Whats That yielding?- We've been dry here in N.C. and been lucky to make 100 in the bottoms.

Interesting Choice of equipment- Challenger Tractor, Deere Combine, and Case Corn Head.

I think its time for the combine to be the same color as your tractor

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

case heads to a nice job of eatin the stalks compared to older JD heads....which is why i bet he's got the case head. Our 693 with auto height makes em look that good as well.

How much did the bish kit cost?

·
Registered
664 Posts

i guess i dont understand the case head on jd combine, seems like too much work to adapt

Matt

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Ebertfarms is right we really didn't like the job the JD heads did on the stalks.(plus it was only a year old when we traded our 2388) Our red head still does alot better job than my neighbors new JD head.

I think the adapter cost around 1500 by the time we had shafts made and the wiring.

Corn is making 116-140 so far. We only have about 130ac done. Feederhouse clutch went out lastnight and drier problems have really slowed us down plus a little rain.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:Was in the reverser cause a hose broke off the bottom? If it was I would talk to JD bout warrenty cause there has been a lot of those burn up because of a week elbow on the bottom hose..

No this was the electric clutch that ingauges the feeder house. Which it could of caused a fire from the sparks flying off of it. Not to bad I guess for there only being 15hrs on the machine.

·
Registered
380 Posts

How long did it take to mount the reel???? So I guess you take it off if you aren't using it???

·
Registered
886 Posts

Is the Truck your using a Kenworth or a Western Star? and What Model is it?

it looks like a very well kept rig, along with the rest of your machines.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The reel takes about 30 min to put on using a loader. We only had about 30 acre of down corn so far, so we'll probably take the reel back off today.

Our trucks are CH613 Macks.

·
Registered
153 Posts

Very nice pictures. What is the model of the Cat MT? Looks awesome. Is that your grain leg in this picture?

·
Registered
664 Posts

i dont really care, im just curious how stiff they are. they watch us loading in the field and try to track us down. that one just looks like it isnt.

Matt

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

It is an MT755 and yes that is our leg in the background.

That truck is nowhere close to legal, but were only hualing a half mile. Even if were hualing to the local elevator which is 12 miles away we really don't have to worry about the DOT, they like to sit around roads that go into Iowa and Illinois.

·
Registered
566 Posts

Nice Pics. In Nebraska we can run 15% overloaded and still be legal DURING HARVEST AND ONLY WHEN HAULING FROM THE FIELD. That is nice because you don't ever have to worryas much about getting a ticket for being over weight

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts

Great pictures, like the big tires on the back, keep the John Deere. About the corn head, we have some that have CIH and run a John Deere corn head and the same the other way, it is what ever you think is best for you.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

thats true....i know around here they really only pay attention to terminal elevators (like cargill)....they caught one guy who was hauling 65miles with a tandem and and a pup with the portable scales before he could pull into cargill and got weighed at 140K lbs....talk about a nice fine

·
Registered
486 Posts

Very nice pictures! The Deere looks awesome on those fat tires!

What does that "reel" thing do? Raise the downed stalks so the head doesnt just run over them or what?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

It shoves the down stalks into the head instead of them just laying on the head. Heck of alot better then getting out every 10 sec and cleaning the head off.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts