The Combine Forum banner

some pics of the 4920

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  julinator 
#1 ·
here are some pics ive taken of the 4920

See less See more
#3 ·
it has apprximatly 1200 hours on the engine and 55,000 acres on it

so far it has had a cracke frame, the orphus wnet out in the folding cylinder and the shims went out on the front axle but other than that its a pretty sound unit

was the last pic just took for looks looks like all that cotton needs is a couple of strippers
im from san angelo tx. the pics were taken in dumas tx

were are you located at???

#4 ·
Hi Kiley

nice rig you've got there. Sadly they don't sell them over here

You can see some sort of cylinders coming down to the rear wheels. Is that for lifting it up for higher crops? I heard you can adjust the width of the wheelbase (?) How do you do that?

The sp sprayers are supposed to have a real high capacity. How do you achieve that in comparison to a pull type? Let's say same boom width and tank capacity? Can you go faster? I can see it happening in smaller fields but on larger niceshaped fields?
TIA

The Wanderer

#5 ·
Hi Kiley. I'm in Seminole. The pic in the cotton was in Oct of last year.
My oldest son works part time at PHIC in Big Spring. He is in San Angelo a lot.

How does the AC work in that thing? Ours doesn't work worth a hoot. The other day it was only 80 outside and on days like that it won't even stay cool in the cab.

Wanderer, those cylinders I think you are seeing are the struts for the suspension. It rides on airbags.
And yes, you can change the thread width on the go via hydraulic cylinders.

#6 ·
so far its worked wonderful but you never know it could go out tomorrow
how was that weather the other day were yall hit very hard???? We were on our way to canyon for a judging contest and just north of Big Spring we drove through 3 inche of hail it looked pretty bad
is your sprayer still under warrantey?
do you happen to know of the meninunites that go down to corpus to strip cotton i believe the guys first name in peter??

Wanderer, we are able to spray up to 20 miles an hour but we usually shoot for the 15mph range it really dosent matter the field size. i prefer the larger because theres not as much turning recquired

#7 ·
We had just a little hail. About 4" of rain in the last week.

My youngest went to Canyon to judge Friday and Saturday he went to Clarendon for livestock judging.

He said they didn't do too good there. He went to Lubbock Thursday and placed 3 overall individual.

Did you do any good?

AC on these 4920's has been a nightmare. Ours has been worked on lots of times and so has the neighbors. The evaporator has been replaced twice now. They have to take the tank off to get to it.
Ours is not under warranty anymore. It ran out last year. It has 1800 hrs and close to 100.000 acres sprayed.

Are you talking about the Froese boys? I know they go to south Texas to strip cotton but there are some others too. The Froese boys strip most of our cotton.

#8 ·
i was judging poultry and on thursday friday and saturday. Thursay nobody on out team did any good on friday our team was 9th overall and on saturday i was 12th indivudal and out team was 6th overall

wow that really stinks i dont think we have had any problems like that the 30 series sprayer is suppose to be a lot better as far as gettin the flukes out of the system dont know yet if there going to trade up next year

do you use swath pro this is our first year to have it last year we rant it to tes it to see what we thought its really nice

I dont know if its the Froese boys we ran beside them in the same field two years ago in south texas
at the time if i remember right i think they had 6, 8 row 7455's but im sure they have upgraded by now
most of his hands couled speak very good english but it was good enough to get along i guess they spoke the mennonite language ( mix of spanish english and german ) i think
they really like to haul a** and if we fired up before they would it almost seemed like they would drop everything they were doing and go start strippin sometimes it was kinda funny

#9 ·

This is the only picture I have of the monitor showing the swath control pro screen.
It also show a memorator recording device for mother Deere. I was having some problems they were unaware of.

So to answer your question, yes, I do run swath control. It and auto track is a must on that 120 ft boom.

#10 ·
Kiley,
What sort of water volume are you using per acre and what sort of tips.
I am in Scotland and we spray most things at 100L/Ha (that's about 10gal/acre i think), using blue tips and running at 15 kph (not mph). sometimes go down to 75L/Ha if the conditions are good and we can get away with smaller nozzles without blockages.
We use the AI nozzles from TeeJet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.