The Combine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Anything above $300 has a major impact for me as I can get some extra gear and maybe look at storage a bit for beans and canola etc.. Sure $200 you make money but not really advancing the business so can even out prices etc...that's my view...

Ant...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
harvested our first 2 ha wheat for the year all been below that thus far no protein limit on downside for asw
got the ****z on and left canola 400 kg at best will leave it come back later peas around the 850/900 mark barley 2.2
2nd driest aug sept oct on record summer rain in feb march almost 6 inches must have done the job

·
Registered
584 Posts
All mine has gone auh2 h1 h2 protein as high as 13.6% yield so far around three ton or better. 230mm growing season.
Tell me how you're doing it... leftover moisture from the summer?
We had 330 in the growing season, around 3.5t/ha, last good rain was first week in sept, then it all dried up.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
78 units of N total. Paddocks have not had a legume on them in over a decade. 40L flexin, 70kg mapsz, 200L summit maxamflow. Probably had a couple of inches stored moisture. I can't imagine my bucket holding anything else. The driest summer for years but preceded by a very wet year the year before. All summer long I was digging drains with a carry grader and there was moisture one cut under the surface. A very dry year though. Average is closer to 500ml.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Tell me how you're doing it... leftover moisture from the summer?
We had 330 in the growing season, around 3.5t/ha, last good rain was first week in sept, then it all dried up.
The when of rainfall is so critical . Never had surplus but really there was small amounts there most of the year. (Late May till October )

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
140mm in crop rain, last rain was mid Aug. Canola did 1.2t/ha delivered tons (38-40% oil). Barley doing around 3.5t/ha, not finished (F3 35% screenings 15.9% protein). Wheat at this stage averaging around 1.7t/ha, not finished, will go down I think (AUH2-HPS1 around 15-16% protein) Just one little Sept rain would have made a good one. 140mm in crop just not quite enough.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Canola .240
Barley F1 2t/h ( guessing yield)
Wheat is going to average about 2.2 t/h with ASW/APW/H2/APH1
Green manure vetch 15.7 protein with Spitfire been the only variety with protein at this stage. On pea stubble 12 % . It will be interesting to see what suntop does on pea stubble.. I only have Suntop to go but it being frosted the regrowth is still green.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Just read on weekly times now website SA having above average harvest, 7.5 million tonnes of grain and 4.42 million tonnes of wheat.

And mace is a brilliant wheat, will be 35 percent of the national wheat crop!

Boom times ahead...dealers will be rubbing there hands together.

Ant....

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Mace wheat as usual asw low protein groundhog wheat.......:)
Wheat varieties turn N into yield or protein. With mace you may miss out on protein, but you will get more yield than most other varieties. Last year the Minnipa Research crew showed our Ag Bureau an interesting graph of wheat variety trial results, displaying protein and yield. Protein level had an inverse relationship to yield, and all varieties followed this trend, with only the occasional one outside a very predictable range. Apparently this relationship is there every year.

You can't have your cake and eat it too!

However I get your point. I have a couple lower yielding varieties this year that have >12% protein, and of course they are not hard varieties. :rolleyes:

Did have a couple paddocks of mace go H2, but most paddocks (even pea stubbles) were ASW in the 9.5-10.3% range. They did yield very well though, and all up I'm not the slightest bit disappointed in mace.

Ant, in SA last year mace was over 50% of all wheat deliveries. That is an amazing level of confidence in a single variety.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
$6,000,000 In royalties...based on 4 million tonne crop....not bad going!

Wonder how it would go as spring crop in Portland lol!

I was amazed when harvesting in WA how **** wyalkatchem used to look but still yield...

Never say you can't have your cake and eat it....there will be a way!

Ant...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.