The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I really enjoy all of the different discussions on this forum and the pictures that all of you have posted. I decided to add a few of my own pictures that I took while harvesting soybeans this fall. I hope all of you enjoy them.

·
Registered
283 Posts
love the sunset photos! where do you farm?
I'll take the honor of giving you your 1st +1!
Thanks for letting us see how you harvest!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
That monitor in the 8330 is pretty cool, I've always thought it must be hard to see whats going on behind you when your operating one of those massive grain carts. The 'jockey bins' we use here only hold like 10t

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would like to thank everyone for their gracious responses to my post. I will have to say that I was lucky to be at the right place at the right time for those sunset pictures.

I will try and answer some of the questions that you asked.
We run both autotrac and mapping in the combine. The autotrac is an integrated system that we really like and responds better then using the John Deere universal system that we used on our old machine. We have a 2600 GS2 display in the combine that is a nice advancement over the regular greenstar display.

The camera system is powered by the power point found in the cab of the combine and 8330 tractor. The video wire that goes to the camera also powers the camera. So you don't have two different cables going out to each camera. The camera that is on the cart has its video cable plugged directly into the screen. The screen is plugged into one of the tractor power points. The wireless camera system on the combine has a little junction box in the cab that you plug into a power source. You then run the video cable to the camera and plug in and mount the wireless antenna to the junction box and thats it. Yes, we do print out scale tickets using the printer in the cab. The scale is normally within + or - 1% of the elevator scale. Actually regarding watching tv on the screen, you can. The 9" screen includes a TV antenna that allows you to pick up local broadcasts. The channels in my area are limited to two, and they don't come in all that well. However, depending on where you are located the tv reception might not be to bad.

The beans in that field are ended up making 45 bushels and acre, which is actually good for the area. We farm in the South East corner of South Dakota. Our overall soybean average should be in the mid forties, if it ever dries out enough to finish them. We have not done any corn, so I cannnot say how its going to do yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts