The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking into buying a machine capable of cleaning soybeans for seed, any thoughts on what machines to look at. It would be nice if it could be mobile and around 1000bu/hr I have been loking at the camas liberator 2

·
Registered
854 Posts
camas went out of business a while back. I would recommend staying away from their equipment if not solely for the sake of support and parts. Stay with the equipment manufactured by the long term players IMO....

·
Registered
91 Posts
I won't claim to be an expert on this, but I've just watched a rather interesting dvd about largescale corporate farming in the US. One of the subjects they touched on was about Monsanto suing Farmers for using their own farm grown genetically modified soybean seed. I guess the issue is about not getting any royalties from this seed. Also in their targets are the guys who go around cleaning seed for Farmers! I'm not saying this applies to you, but I'm sure you've heard of it already

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got an extra cleaner, a Clipper Super X 29 D, if your interested. It is in good shape, no water damage. It would be easy to make it mobil by putting it on a tandam axle trailer. Got another Clipper cleaner that is still set up in a seed cleaner plant. Both are located in Mississippi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts