The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently in high yield, tough conditions with my 7088 combine doing soybeans. I am losing soybeans in the back. about 7 per square foot. Anyone know where you are supposed to be for soybean loss? Current settings are rotor at 610, concaves 11, top sieve 5(almost closed, bottom sieve 24, fan 1150. Been trying all sorts of settings. Not finding the right one yet. Do I need to do anything with the pre sieve or chaffer sieve? Don't even know where you adjust it. Any idea where that should be set at and where you set it? Looking for answers or suggestions. I started with the book settings and adjusted from there but still not finding correct setting

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would suggest opening top sieve to .5 inch open then 3/8 on bottom. Almost closed on top is not letting beans fall thru and green stems doesn't help the situation. Rotar fine fan 1050. Measure sieve opening to confirm openings.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
That is also a three section top sieve... You should have the front a little more closed then the center and the tail open a little more.
Are your losses from your rotor? Stemy beans? Small or large wire? You may need to speed up the rotor...
Sieve loss with this combine should be difficult to get... Unless your fan is too high...? The book should be good.. Then just open the sieves till the sample gets full of pods.

The chaffer should be adjusted either by computer or in the center of the sieve in the back thier should be a few adjustment levers under the top sieve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.