The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What settings you guys running concave and cylinder speed at. Seem to be alot of beans coming out the rotor. Have concave at 2 which I think is a little wider than the gauges says. Rotor at 425. Air on 5

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a 67, am running concave between .5 and .8" and rotor at 450 - 525 air on 5. Chaffer 13 - 15 and sieve 7 - 8. I also have the cage sweep kit in which I really like from sunnybrook. Sunny brook explained it like this, when they put a cylinder on a test stand to balance and run it there is very little air movement off of the cylinder. When they put the sweeps on it creates a fan effect like a squirrel cage fan and in effect helps move the beans out of the cage. I also have the sped up chopper. Its all working excellent.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I removed all the reverse bars and installed forward bars. I run the concave clearance at .35 on the screen and 450 rpm. Works very well with some green stem beans.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have found on discharge end of cage plugging. The green stem juice is sticky causing the buildup. I polished the panel sides with a wire wheel that feed into the cross auger. Also installed AGCO speed up kit that became available yesterday. And life is good.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would add that I have the helicles removed on the left removeable cage door but we are re-installing 2 of them and we have 2 disrupters on that door. We also have every other discharge paddle removed.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Disrupters are square plates about 2 x 2 with a triangle piece of steel that sticks up another .5". I think they are agco but don't know parts #. Just want to get the stuff tumbling a bit more. Hard to describe them. Kinda same principle as the f2 cylinder bars.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ehoff, is there any chance you could get a picture of the interrupter that you have. I know its pry not very easy to see in there but I'm just trying to get an idea of what they look like so I can make some. I checked with agco and they didn't seem to have any idea. I am loosing more than I would like to see out the rotor and feel that this would help quite a bit. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts