The Combine Forum banner

SP365F Demo

5K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  cnh007 
#1 ·
Had the chance to run an SP365F new holland front boom last week, here are a list of pros and cons in my opinion from my experience in this machine. I had the chance to spray out a few tanks doing fungicide in a relatively hilly peice. Was a 2013 equipped with an intelliview 4

Pros

- The front boom, I love the fact that I can see every nozzle

- Rides very smooth, better than my case over the same terrain I sprayed 2 weeks earlier with the case

- Visibility because it's so high

- Big Tank, I liked the 1600 gallon tank especially being able to do a whole 1/4 with a fill at 10 gal

-engine accessability

Cons

- Its very underpowered, even with only 6 or 800 gallons in tank

- The boom height control worked very well but the booms flap around like its a seagull, they flex to much IMO

- I hate having to walk to the back of the machine all the time to get in

-The seat and the hydro handle suck

- boom tip travel isn't very good, maybe it was the way it was set up but it didnt have much tip travel

-If it wasn't widened out to full axle width it was scary as **** on sidehills, I didnt extend the axles because I wanted to run in the same tracks I made with my sprayer before

-I am so used to AIM command I have a hard time accepting the way the rate controller works on a conventional machine, especially when climbing a hill with this gutless wonder and it bogging down to 7 or 8 miles per hour causing the nozzles to drop pressure and dribble like a dink when you finish taking a piss

- The gear selection, I am so used to the infinite speed control dial on the case that when I got in this thing I had a hard time adjusting to the fact that I had to pull back and vary my speed with the hydro handle

- The fuel tank is in a really stupid place

I know some of these things can most likely be adjusted but , this was my opinion based on how this unit was set up, it had probably 8-10 demos before me. By the time I finished my demo it was sold anyway

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Cons

- Its very underpowered, even with only 6 or 800 gallons in tank

-The seat and the hydro handle suck

- boom tip travel isn't very good, maybe it was the way it was set up but it didnt have much tip travel

-If it wasn't widened out to full axle width it was scary as **** on sidehills, I didnt extend the axles because I wanted to run in the same tracks I made with my sprayer before

-I am so used to AIM command I have a hard time accepting the way the rate controller works on a conventional machine, especially when climbing a hill with this gutless wonder and it bogging down to 7 or 8 miles per hour causing the nozzles to drop pressure and dribble like a dink when you finish taking a piss

- The fuel tank is in a really stupid place
Hmm, looks like I wrote that as well.:)
http://www.thecombineforum.com/foru...r/162850-newholland-miller-sp365f-review.html

What tire size, gear and speed were you trying to spray?

How does seat and hydro handle suck?

I assume by boom tip travel you mean the minimal height they can be raised and in all likelyhood it had the spacers on the cylinders which changes terrible into the ****s for lift height.:(

I accidently had that happen, turning on a steep hill in narrow, the tall sitting position must make that feel worse.

Don't think I'd ever want a sprayer without a Capstan system on it either.

At the very least rinse tank and diesel tank position should be reversed and an overflow like the main tank has added to rinse tank.
Not sure what else could be done, fill height is so high.

#8 ·
It was equipped with 380/90R46 good years they were spray maxx tires or something along those lines??? I can't remember exactly. My goal speed was 15 mph, in N2 it would only get 12.8 so in N3 I had to pay attention which isn't a machine issue by no means but something I wasn't used to

I had a tailbone injury many years ago so for me a seat is important, this seat although having a very nice high back made my tailbone hurt like mad, It was very comfortable at first but once I sat in it for a couple hours I couldn't take it, to me it was almost worse than sitting in the standard seats that come in NH combines! I don't like the way the tip control is setup on the Hydro handle at all, once again it came down to preference for me on this one, I prefer the joystick setup from both case and deere here, and what's with the double button shifting?? I thought the way the buttons changed color when sections were active or off was nice feature. I just couldn't get comfortable holding the Hydro handle either, not sure why and maybe it is adjustable but I'm not gonna be unscrewing things and messing with stuff that isn't mine

Yes the tip travel with spacers, it's terrible!

It puckered my ass when I turned on a sidehill, maybe it works really well axles extended but in this case I wasn't very impressed in narrow position, I also noticed it dog tracked worse than any machine I have ever run in a sidehill and it didn't matter full, half full or empty, could also be due to narrow spacing, but was way worse than the deere I ran last year

If it had sharpshooter /pinpoint it would help a lot imo, I have pinpoint on my 4430 and I love it

I didn't know where the fuel tank was at first and when I did find it I had to put the fuel nozzle on the step and hope it didn't fall before I got up there to put it in the tank, and not to mention this is one thirsty Mamma with all that horsepower that it doesn't feel like it has

Overall it's a nice machine but it's big! After running it for a few hours I felt like I was in a go-cart when I went back to my 4430 I wanted to run them both in the same day just to see the difference and the once what I thought was a monster 4430 compared to our old 3330 felt very small and nimble after.
It's all preference but I don't see myself changing to a front boom anytime soon, but it was a nice experience to say the least.

#9 ·
I don't know your terrain, but was 15 mph reasonable in those hills if they were steep enough you were nervous about turning?

There is a hook for the fuel nozzle just to the front of the side shield. You hook the nozzle and then climb the ladder and pull it the rest of the way up to the tank.

I agree with you about the seat bottom. A new bottom cushion is on the list for improvements this winter. To me, the foam is to hard and to thin, and I want it to be smooth.

#16 ·
Don I am amazed that the 02 and 04 size nozzles are big enough for you. I am hoping they produce a 08 and 10 version. Our 4420 sprayer has been excellent and has so many nice features. The one thing I do not like about it is it can not climb a steep ditch. It seems like the front wheels spin out or do not grab the dirt well. Other than that I am not sure what I would change on the sprayer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.