The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We run a 2188 and when we purchased the machine, it has an AFX rotor in it. We couldn't get down to acceptable losses, so went back to a specialty rotor. Since then we've learned been given a couple pointers, especially on removing wires from concaves. Our specialty is damaged and needs to be replaced. Should we try an AFX again or not?

·
Registered
255 Posts
first of all once you get pass the elephant ears or feeder fins on front, the rotors are the same on the barrel unless you have rasp bars are spikes but the patterns are the same, I have a 2188 an had the specialty in it still have it in back the shop we put in the AFX we run rice an soybeans thru mine front concave has all wires in it the middle an rear have every other wire taken out we run keystock grates, pickup a little capacity but the combine runs smoother especialy in rice alot of green straw no more slugging you have to keep an eye on the engine rpms

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes, go with the AFX like Casefarmer2588 said you will love it once you get it set.

Most guys in our area that installed the AFX's have been running the transport vanes one speed slower than they normally would to cut the rotor loses. The crop feeds so evenly that I think it just needs more time in there. We gained about 30% in our crops (corn,wheat, drybeans) with the AFX so you have more crop to get out of the rotor at the same rpm's.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I thought that's what i would hear. Our local techs can fix the machine in the dark, but they couldn't help us with fine tuning the settings. I've learned more from people on this site than anywhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts