The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a 1400 or 1600 series combine with specialty rotor. I talked to someone with a 1978 1460 who said that he bought a specialty rotor from CIH in the late 80s but that it worked so poorly in corn, that he replaced it with a standard rotor. Apparently CIH agreed as they refunded his money.
Right now I'm looking at a 1984 CIH 1460 which I would need to install a specialty rotor in as we need it for dry beans. Can this be done satisfactorily? Or should I limit my search to 1600 series combines?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I owned a 1978 1440 for 10 years. When I bought it used, I installed a specialty rotor as I have dry beans as well. I didn't have a problem in corn. It would get all of the kernels off the cob. I would have some rotor loss, but the rotor loss was only a small fraction to what would be shelled in the corn header.

In wheat, I had to install some cover plates over the first half of my concaves. In some tough conditions, it would leave white caps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.