The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 8200 head I just purchased does not cut as clean as I would like. Leaves more stems sticking up than I would like as you look back across the field. I have adjusted the head so it is cutting as low as possible. It has the SCH knifes and with the SCH PRO Drive. Sickle and guards are in fair shape. Currently have a drive pulley of about 7.75". Can you put a bigger drive pulley on this head and it so what would be the part number.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is a 25' head. After 160 acres I did find one of the pins that hold the flex arms under the header gone. About every 1/4 bolt that holds the pins in were loose or gone and more of the pins about to fall out. Numerous bolts on the skid plates were loose or gone. Three of truss head bolts that hold down the feathersheets hold down strap were gone. Of course it was late on Saturday and I did not have any of the truss bolts. So plain bolts with lock nuts.

The dealers shop manager and I crawled under the head together before it was delivered and they were all there and tight.

So now I have to loctite, put double nuts, or locking nuts on every bolt on the head or it will vibrate itself apart.

What pulley did you use to slow it down and did it affect the cutting of the sickle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.