The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't believe that's the same as the 2100's their plate is much thinner, this plate that adk has posted is over an inch thick, and bolts between the coupler and the rotor to space the coupler to the rear of the combine, as I believe that the gearbox on the 03 and 04 machines are spaced back farther than previous models.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have a 2004 2388. Rotor gear box shaft doesnt seem to be far enough inside coupler that bolts onto the back of he rotor it strips the splines off of coupler did it once last fall and again this fall. I know you can shim the the rotor back more on the front bearing end but it seems like it needs to come back atleast 3/4 of an inch. I dont want to go to much though and have wrapping problems on the front of the rotor. Any help would be greatly appreciated atleast all the corns in the bin and we have time know to fix it right.

·
Registered
37 Posts
With that year 2388 you will already have the spacer at the rear of the rotor. The best fix for this is to purchase the heavy duty gearbox that is in the later 23-2588s. The shaft in these gearboxes protrude farther into the rotor. Other possibility is to have another spacer machined larger than the original spacer (would be careful with that though, would have to use longer bolts and may have the possibility of them breaking off like the older combines did.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.