The Combine Forum banner

Spray air

6K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  BrianTee 
I ran a spray air for several years. The worst that ever happened was I damaged the adjacent field ( my own ) about 8-10 feet in with roundup but I was spraying in 25 km/ hr wind. They work fine and actually do a better job than a conventional sprayer for the same cost. The fan takes a few horsepower especially if you have hills. The 2.5 gallons per acres they spray at meant I could do 250 acres on a tank. If you turn the fan down you can dial down the droplet size if you are in windy conditions. They may not be for every location but don't be afraid of it. The only reason I sold mine was I wanted a self propelled high clearance .
Does the fan use more horsepower going up a hill? :)

I had one for years. If the sun was right and you ran the gauge at 20 inches H2O you could see the drift hit the ground and bounce up ten or fifteen feet. Its a crazy drift machine! They needed to figure out how to get a much smaller drop size at 10 inches. Then it would be a cool machine.

Tests with efficacy and herbicides were never statistically significant over hydraulic nozzle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.