The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Had a 7650. Wish I would have kept it longer.

The only complaint I had was the 4x4 hoses to the front end kept braking the fender mounts.. But they mad that better.
The drop boxes leaked out when the drive seals went out.. If this happens to you, don't worry about it, just add oil once in a while.
Super easy on fuel, I went threw maybe 40 gallons in two days, running 1900 rpm in the field and running 2400 on the road.. Reaching 27 mph, it was worth the fuel savings.
At 1800-1900 rpm, I had power to spare.. Flat going, she would really cover acres.
Booms are a small draw back, but knowing what I know now, try to stay small, weight will fatigue them, but if your flat, aluminum 120s would be fun..
720 gallon tank kind of sucks now that I have 1200 gallons, and the cab is small... But I usually do about 10,000 acres a year... If I did 4500 acres it is an ideal machine.
Hope that helps..

·
Registered
676 Posts
This spring I went from a 3640 to a 7660. Yes they are quiter in the cab and a good upgrade. Seems to use more fuel but I don't have a meter on my pump, but I also run full out in 3rd gear. Sounds like I should gear up and idle down.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I used to run in third but I only had the 6 speed unlike the 60s have an 8 speed.

If you run up to 4th and back down below 2k, you will save a lot of fuel.. It will seem really slow compared to wide open, but all the functions will work just fine. Product pump and all the hydrolics will do just fine.
I would set my cruise at 1900 rpm and you can always hit the pedel if you need the power.
I want to say your fuel savings will be noticeable, it has been 5 years ago for me.. But it didn't take me long to figure that out, so you will notice it in a day or two.
Its because your peak torque is 1800 I think.. So your not gaining anything but rpms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.