The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, looking for some experience with sprayer boom lights. Seen some older threads on this but I never seen much for to recent. Seen Kodiak and Larsen have some newer more powerful booms lights out now. Seems like wind and narrower spray windows have us spraying nights to stay caught up. Do you guys like them and if so are you running 2 or 4 lights?

We are running a Deere 4930 120ft, how are you guys wiring them into the deere electrical? Didn’t know if there is a kit or just running wires with external switch all the way back to battery. Sounds like it’s possible to tie into light system but wasn’t sure where

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I like it. The red light seems to be something like this:

I'd worry about breaking the light when I do hit things, though.

I just bought these blue lights to try:

Haven't wired them up yet, though.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I like it. The red light seems to be something like this:

I'd worry about breaking the light when I do hit things, though.

I just bought these blue lights to try:

Haven't wired them up yet, though.
I will be ordering a set of those red ones. Thanks to Lucas for sharing the post about the lights and Thanks to Micheal for posting the lights. I am ALWAYS looking for improvements and this looks like a winner.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I've got a set in my shopping cart as well! I think I'll try the lower-priced ones since I'm cheap. But probably I'll end up buying twice so never really save any money with my cheap purchases.

·
Super Moderator
580 Posts
Yeah, I'd be pretty darn curious to see how those red ones work for you. Might need a bit of playing around with the height, but if you can have an idea of where you are in low-light situations it might save a fencerow nozzle.

Or at the very least if you see the red light disappear (too low to see), then you know you might be doing some patch work. lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies and light ideas guys. I went with some local lights from kodiak the set of 4 green ones. I haven’t installed them yet but once I do I’ll post some pictures. The end of boom red light is a good idea, I might have to try after seeding.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
If anybody has pictures of how you mounted the boom lights can you please post them. Did anybody getting shipping on the red marker lights yet. Just wondering how they look and where you bought them. Seems like both these ideas are worth pursuing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Have the Kodiak boom lights - 2 green lights. Mounted them center section behind the unit pointed at ends - 100' booms they are borderline on the end nozzle patters, but seem to stay mostly clean. Have seen them mounted on the wing sections behind the tires, but think they get dirty faster. Sorry don't have any pictures, but they are fantastic and well worth the money. Spraying in the dark before could not really tell spray pattern.

Like the concept of the red light end markers.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Have the Kodiak boom lights - 2 green lights. Mounted them center section behind the unit pointed at ends - 100' booms they are borderline on the end nozzle patters, but seem to stay mostly clean. Have seen them mounted on the wing sections behind the tires, but think they get dirty faster. Sorry don't have any pictures, but they are fantastic and well worth the money. Spraying in the dark before could not really tell spray pattern.

Like the concept of the red light end markers.
Do you know if you have the old Kodiak 28W lights or the newer 48W Kodiaks?

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I tried my 27 watt Amazon cheap blue lights today. I have them attached to the underside of the wings not far from the tires. Aimed out and slightly back. I can't see anything at all in the daylight. Of course that was just fertilizer streamers. Regular fan nozzles might show up more. I'll find out. I'm not happy with where I mounted them (as was mentioned, dirt, etc). I was thinking I might move the lights back to the center rack and out behind a bit like @farmboy5 has done. If I can see it in the daylight at all, I could always add another set of lights half way out the the wings.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Rectangle Tints and shades Display device Art Glass

i don’t have a photo on me of how they’re mounted, and the above is when it was just starting to get dark. Where there mounted the ends are a bit borderline so not sure on 2 covering 120’ - this was 100’. Benefit of in the centre rack though is I can see a bit of the centre section from the bottom mirrors.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts