The Combine Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Oh wow. That's insane. What is so special about the nozzle body that it requires a visit with a tech with a laptop? I understand that they are smart devices, but why can't the system detect and configure the? And John Deere wonders why people are making such a big fuss over the right to repair.

I've pretty much decided that although John Deere makes very nice and comfortable machines, I'm unlikely to ever buy a new one if they keep this up. I enjoy technology but I think I've just about got enough technology for my needs.

I haven't seen or used the Raven PWM system that Case uses now, but I imagine replacing a nozzle body isn't much different than the Capstan system. $10 for the saddle, maybe a turret, then thread on the solenoid body and solenoid.

·
Registered
297 Posts
That'a an understatement. When they first came out I was extremely interested in carbon fibre booms but now that they are out and there is some acres on them, you couldn't GIVE me a set. Worst booms on the market IMO.

Yup $665 dollars for one nozzle body.That is criminal. Could you please tell us what your experience was trying the carbon fiber boom, i would be very curious of the reasons you didn't like it.One thing is it seems to me because it is so lite the boom ends bounce up and down a lot and it is impossible to to keep a consistent boom height which it one of the most important things on a sprayer.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm 99% positive you don't need a technician to program them. I'm told by neighbors that you take it out of the box and plug it in. My dealer sells them for $385 USD. A friend of mine has had an exactly apply carbon fiber for 2 years and he's replaced 3 nozzle bodies all under warranty.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I'm 99% positive you don't need a technician to program them. I'm told by neighbors that you take it out of the box and plug it in. My dealer sells them for $385 USD. A friend of mine has had an exactly apply carbon fiber for 2 years and he's replaced 3 nozzle bodies all under warranty.
My service manager says you do need to program them. Asked today. So I dunno. Would be stupid if you did.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Could you please tell us what your experience was trying the carbon fiber boom, i would be very curious of the reasons you didn't like it.One thing is it seems to me because it is so lite the boom ends bounce up and down a lot and it is impossible to to keep a consistent boom height which it one of the most important things on a sprayer.
Fortunately for me, I have not owned a set. However, there are several guys around here with them and I have watched them spraying with them. You just said it. Looks like an albatross trying to take flight down the field. How can anyone expect to do a proper job when the booms are waving up and down at the tips?. Time to repair and/or cost to replace a broken section is just icing on the "you couldn't give me a set" cake.

·
Registered
940 Posts
$385 is getting close to $600 Canadian by the time you throw some gst on there

21 - 28 of 28 Posts