The Combine Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Was looking at the site for "specialty" that you posted and reminded me of one other thing that I like about K&S is that the only rubber hose on the booms is at the fold and breakaway hinge. All the rest of the plumbing on the boom is aluminum pipe. An absolute minimum of rubber for chem to cling to.
And express end caps as well as express type connectors from pipe to rubber.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Like putting lipstick on a pig. Why do we as consumers have to fix a manufacturers blunders. Adding wheel weights to make it turn without making ruts? Really? They got a group of kindergardeners in their engineering dept? Someone didn't obviously put this thing in the field before mass production to test it!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I don't know if they made any changes since I got mine or not. They will be 2 years old this fall. I know mine are different than the ones they had on their web sight at the time as mine only require/have 1 grease zerk on the fold and the ones on their web sight had several. The Boyd booms are more robust but, as such are also considerably heavier. I've never heard of "specialty". The reason I went with K&S over Pommier is that they all seem to make 120' standard and I wanted 125'. K&S are made in Oklahoma and as such, when I talk to someone there I'm talking to the manufacturer, not a sales rep and they custom made mine with the extra nozzle on each end at no extra charge.

Would you get another 125 ft boom on your next sprayer or would you do something different than 125 ft next time?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Dont Mod a JD at all. Trade it off and buy a Gator. Your efficiency will increase immediately and your fuel consumption will drop at the same time lol.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts