The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I just have a quick question about spraying pesticides in chickpeas. I want to know what bar pressure an water rate I should be using when spraying with TTis 02s I think the yellow ones (coarse droplet) there the only noZZELS I have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
548 Posts
Hi everyone I just have a quick question about spraying pesticides in chickpeas. I want to know what bar pressure an water rate I should be using when spraying with TTis 02s I think the yellow ones (coarse droplet) there the only noZZELS I have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
We will need a little more information as to what kind of rates you'd be needing to put down as well.

As you are using BAR, I am guessing you might be from Australia?

Generally speaking, for insecticide, you'd be looking for fine droplets (usually around a 250-300 VMD or middle distribution) for great coverage.

So, if you are picking your tips, base it first on whether the speed range is going to work for you, then make sure the pressure your auto-rate is going to be at will work for the droplet size.

Let us know what kind of rates you are looking to do, and we should be able to help you out with suggesting tips.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The key factor for you will be is it a systemic or contact product. If its a systemic then just use at say same water rate and pressure as you would roundup. If its contact then my advice with those tips would be to use at least 65 l/ha to get some coverage. The TTi is a corse droplet so the more water you use the better coverage you will have.

·
Registered
720 Posts
The TTi is an extra course droplet , if your on 10" spacing you can put a TT in between the TTi to mix droplet sizes and halve the cost of a second set of tips. Can also place a smaller size there to help optimize your speed / pressure ratio. It gets expensive to add 144 tips for a small job.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I've been using AI nozzles all year for contact insecticides @ 10gpa, don't know if it's that the bugs are getting resistant to all the chemicals or just a tough bug year but I've not been real happy with the results I'm getting. I'm thinking on going back to either flat fans or hollow cones and trying them again to see if it makes a difference. The only insecticide that I sprayed with the AI's that I was happy with was Beleaf 50, which is systemic, the rest have all been contacts. They want you to spray 20gpa with Beleaf which I did last year with flat fans, this year I used 10gpa with AI's and got a better kill.

·
Registered
868 Posts
All about condition's , wind -humidity- temp- type of chemical- time of day .
If you want to save bee's yes or no .
Your own health should be #1 !!!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
All about condition's , wind -humidity- temp- type of chemical- time of day .
If you want to save bee's yes or no .
Your own health should be #1 !!!
Mostly spraying A. Seed so preserving bees is very important. All spraying is done at night between 9 and 12 pm. Conditions are always hot, dry and calm. It does concern me because I spray SO much insecticide with this crop about my health. I've had a couple freak accidents over the years but try to be as careful as possible.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Are you sure ?
I'm quite sure the Turbo Teejet Air Induction ( TTi ) is extra course

Are you thinking of the AITTJ which is the twin turbo AI

1 - 12 of 12 Posts