The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've soaked them with penetrating oil for 2 days, tapped and pryed the heck out of them, they just wont budge.
Does anyone have any more suggestions how to get them to slide off the shafts?? Could I dare heat them?

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
just gotta get a little rough with them at times i had a hard time with mine just kept beating and prying till they came off cleaned the shafts and never-seized the crap out of them and now they move effortlessly

·
Registered
413 Posts
It might be easies to try and get it apart if its not on the machine, take the panel off the back, knock out the roll pin on the shaft and if I'm thinking corectly it should slide out, but still attached to the spinner. Atleast then you can work on it in your shop and not on the machine. Just an idea......

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Those couplers with the slide collars suck. We had one stick on our 2388. We tried to use brute force to get it off, but broke the internal mechanisms in the process. We ended up taking the entire shaft off like ayars660 said, then torching the coupler off. Both couplers were replaced with the newer style one that have the push button. I highly recommend them. They'll save a lot of hassle.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
When we got our 2388's (used) the spinners were rusted on pretty good and had fun getting them off you have to lift the coupler and turn counterclockwise which we werent doing . But once off we took them apart and greased them up really good and now have no problems other than greasing them once in a while and wiping the dust off the shaft when re-installing the spinners after dropping straw .
Marshall

1 - 5 of 5 Posts