The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some spring sprayer pics for you guys....

These are top dressing wheat.....

These are spraying some Corn ground.....

I hope you like them....

·
Registered
475 Posts
Big A- when you topdress, what product do you topdress with? We use 28% but have dribble band nozzles from TeeJet-the ones with 3 holes. I'd be scared to torch my wheat with a flat fan and 28%.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i might be wrong but is topdressing not when you give the last bit to
get good protein in the heads, if we (in germany) topdress
the wheat is way bigger,

let me know if i am wrong with the word understanding of topdressing;)

·
Registered
475 Posts
To me topdressing is putting on a large amount of product with dribble nozzles and foliar applications are putting on a little amount of product with flat fans.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I think topdressing can be broadcasting any fertilizer, on any crop, at any stage (or thats the way it goes over here anyway), although it mostly refers to dressings later on (such as applying urea to cereals).

Regards,

TC

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:Big A- when you topdress, what product do you topdress with? We use 28% but have dribble band nozzles from TeeJet-the ones with 3 holes. I'd be scared to torch my wheat with a flat fan and 28%.

We use about 60 pounds(30gal per acre) of 30% + copper+ harmony+ zinc on the first application in early March when the wheat starts growing. Then in mid April we apply about 60 pounds (30 gal per acre) 30% + boron for the last application.They cut the 30% with a little water so it might be a little less. I use T-Jet AIXR Tips. White at 10-11 mph. The sprayer is a SPX 3185 with 90' booms and 20" spacings. I use drop tubes with orifices for sidressing corn.

Quote:Posted by hillcrestfarms on Jul 9, 2007, 8:51am
Nice pics. Do you use GPS? I don't see foam working.

Yes we use a AG Leader Insight controller with Autoswath, and a Ag Leader lightbar with GPS. I carry foam,but only use it as a backup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts