The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my less than 2 year old auger blew its 35hp kohler motor last week and had to pull my 12 year old 10" Wheatheart out of retirement. the old auger has a few leaks but must have 3,000000 bushels thru it. It still has original motor and have only replaced one part, the gear box. I need to find at least a 40hp motor maybe up to 50hp fot the Springland what power options are out their?

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
A $10,000 diesel! :22:

We have 2 12x39 meridians and one with the Isuzu diesel and one with the Briggs gas and there’s no comparison the diesel just kills it. It’s a pill though on price.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really like the auger, I demoed it and knew when I bought it was under powered, thought the motor would last a lot longer before replacing it. Last time I talked to Springland they didn't have a decent option for power.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A $10,000 diesel! :22:

We have 2 12x39 meridians and one with the Isuzu diesel and one with the Briggs gas and there’s no comparison the diesel just kills it. It’s a pill though on price.
A diesel might be a option, how many ponies does your Isuzo have and where did you find it? To me that looks like a winter project might have to rig it up with a pto for now and maybe a cheap Princess motor to run the hydraulic pump. Worst thing is it's full with tough wheat, trying to figure out how to empty it.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Kohler motors sure aren't what they used to be, we have old Briggs 18 horse motors that have a lot more jam than the new 24 horse Kohler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts