The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, stopped by ph today and seen durum, wheat and now for the first time canola with sprouts in it from surrounding area farms.... Agent said he bought three loads of durum this morning for feed, farmer very upset!!!

We are having another cloud burst today again to make matters even worse, I'm starting to believe most crops are turning out to be feed this year in majority of parries... So sad :eek:.... He also mentioned they dropped there feed wheat price 30 cents today

How are others

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Not going to be a great bean year either. We just swathed one circle, and I know of a lot of beans in the area that are swathed or undercut. Last year was so good too. 59 cents a pound on great northerns when all was said and done.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did here today you can still have up to 5 percent sprouts on canola and still have a number one, neighbour took wheat sample in and as before this last rain it was still grading a two

Afsc.out checking hail and reported that their is lots of standing wheat with sprouts they seen, sprouts in swathed durum inch long

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Running into a **** load of green weeds coming, everthing was sprayed but its been so wet the weeds are coming, decidied to swath a couple fields that have second growth, stuck once and a **** load of ruts.

This is going to be a long ****ty harvest

·
Registered
395 Posts
Well, stopped by ph today and seen durum, wheat and now for the first time canola with sprouts in it from surrounding area farms.... Agent said he bought three loads of durum this morning for feed, farmer very upset!!!

We are having another cloud burst today again to make matters even worse, I'm starting to believe most crops are turning out to be feed this year in majority of parries... So sad :eek:.... He also mentioned they dropped there feed wheat price 30 cents today

How are others
No such thing as feed durum. #5cwad is allowed unlimited sprt.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Did here today you can still have up to 5 percent sprouts on canola and still have a number one, neighbour took wheat sample in and as before this last rain it was still grading a two

Afsc.out checking hail and reported that their is lots of standing wheat with sprouts they seen, sprouts in swathed durum inch long
Yes you can have up to 5% total dmge. So in order to be allowed 5% you would have to have no other Dmge ie: green or heated.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Lots of reports of sprouting around here too, both in canola, wheat and barley. I was hoping to run a sample after lunch but it started raining again at 1. Over half in the swath, but we haven't combined anything yet. Forecast doesn't look good for the next week either.

·
Registered
880 Posts
feed wheat, sprouted oats, sprouted canola, and frost on the way for our beans and corn.
wow little of a different year i'd say.
luckily we got some crop in already but still got 4/5 to do. fingers crossed for warmer weather, common its SEPTEMBER 8 not NOVEMBER 8.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ugly year for sure, strait cut l140 canola yesterday that was hailed out badly.... It had regrowth that was at 30 percent reflower already and greener plant leaves than any time over the year.... Trying to combine the last 10 bu of yield.... Just a absolute mess to grind threw, and now dry it down with all the green silage....

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Thrashed 15000 bushels of spring wheat yesterday not that bad a sample -- guess #2 but 16-19% moisture so going in drying bin again . Was supposed to be nice today but got 3/10ths this am which wasn't forecast along with hail which thrashed some canola in the swath . Winter wheat sprouting in the head standing up along with some oats . Oats that was swathed early is green and growing . Seem to get a rain every day or evrey other day . Looking at rice tires now .

·
Registered
369 Posts
I fully agree with the tracks, but why would you not go with the rice tires if tracks become cost sensitive? The guy I worked for always put the rice tires on, along with the rear pushers, no matter what. Got through the last wet harvest without a stuck machine. Those that left the duals on were parked after the first rain. They would gum up in the clay and not clean out, at least the rice tires would drop the mud out between the lugs. However this year, he did drop the money and get aftermarkets for the 680's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.