The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I've used them for 20 years with no problems. With the S series make a cover to feed the grain into the rollers so they feed into the centre instead of been like a blender. I only have one on the rear and it also reduces wear.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I added another auger trough to what was already in there. Is that the deflector your talking about? I was having excessive loss out the right hand side of the machine so I added another auger trough to hopefully let a little less material through the RH side of the shoe.

Heres a pic of my accell rolls

Here are the trough's I was talking about.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I looked into the Stainless rolls Gleaner has available for the C-series but with the price I never gave them a try. I also had a set of the orange Gibbson rolls and never got them sold to anyone local that had two machines that run together to compair. I ended up selling them to a guy that put in one of his two machines quite a distance away and lost track of them. For our immediate trade area without many areas of extreme abrasive crops the rolls were note the biggest deal. (I got more into flowing crop from header to spreader and the rest took care of itself). I have not paid much attention to the condition of the pins on distribution augers or the troughs due to no issues noted. I do know of adding the extra troughs for distribution augers and did mess with these when first working with the lightest seed grass crops. Ends up the best thing again is to be sure crop is flowing nice and smooth all day from header to spreader. I have looked at them exposed accelerator rolls ever since the release of currant design in 1988. I feel we do get more wear on rolls from this and I feel it allows them to act like big gear pump pushing air back up on accelerator rolls but again not giving us issues. I'd be curious how silverrods trough looks also and why he installed them. I would imagine it looks like Redline73's picture to just cover up them exposed rear rolls. I am impressed of the lack of wear on the machines we have the new orange accelerator rolls in

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I looked into the Stainless rolls Gleaner has available for the C-series but with the price I never gave them a try. I also had a set of the orange Gibbson rolls and never got them sold to anyone local that had two machines that run together to compair. I ended up selling them to a guy that put in one of his two machines quite a distance away and lost track of them. For our immediate trade area without many areas of extreme abrasive crops the rolls were note the biggest deal. (I got more into flowing crop from header to spreader and the rest took care of itself). I have not paid much attention to the condition of the pins on distribution augers or the troughs due to no issues noted. I do know of adding the extra troughs for distribution augers and did mess with these when first working with the lightest seed grass crops. Ends up the best thing again is to be sure crop is flowing nice and smooth all day from header to spreader. I have looked at them exposed accelerator rolls ever since the release of currant design in 1988. I feel we do get more wear on rolls from this and I feel it allows them to act like big gear pump pushing air back up on accelerator rolls but again not giving us issues. I'd be curious how silverrods trough looks also and why he installed them. I would imagine it looks like Redline73's picture to just cover up them exposed rear rolls. I am impressed of the lack of wear on the machines we have the new orange accelerator rolls in
are you supposed to run 1 stainless and one orange roll or 2 stainless rolls

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Ive heard of aussie's using all stainless rolls. Its not as hard on grain as one would think, there is more room in between the lugs so there is more grain on grain doing the propelling down towards the cascade pan as opposed to relying on the surface of the rubber to do the propelling. I went with a mixed bag because pfp recommended it since all custom crews that come to pfp for parts ordered and installed the same way I have pictured.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
The idea of the cover is to feed the material into the centre of the rollers. As it is, it feeds in from the side and would be tossed around before getting into the roller. Rollers are designed to propel the grain , not act like a blender. There are a few people over here have done this and noticed reduced wear on the rubber rollers. I made a steel sheet which goes half way up the rear slope then rolled the edge to feed into the roller and welded 4 brackets to hold it up above the rollers (not easy) so I could bolt it in from the outside. I think JR and others welded the plate in. Happy to post a pic if someone tells me how .
On the 67 I replaced the rubbers with SS and noticed no difference other than they didn't wear. Get years out a set of SS which cost us about $1200 a set last time I got them

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.