The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested if anyone has any experience running a standard rotor in soybeans. Any thing to watch for? Should we use interrupter bars? Looking for any possible tips that could save some grief.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's the baby, 1620, It was bought originally with a standard, ran it one year and bought the specialty. This summer the we had a rasp bar rip out, so in went the standard. The combine is on it's way out, but we were hoping to get through the season and possibly look for something this winter..... So if there is a simple setup to perhaps minimize the grief it would be much appreciated.
Thank you

·
Registered
22 Posts
Start by removing straight rasp bars on front of rotor. Keystock grares work better than the grates with the channels no matter which side you have them on. Notched separator bars on the back work best in green stems. Also put transport vanes in fast position to move material through faster. That is about all I know . I run a 1420 so the two machines should need to be set about the same. Also if in green soys you may need to run the rotor up to about 750 if possible.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Get ready for some grief. Maybe you can pick up a used specialty rotor cheap now that CIH has the AFX rotor out. The "Disrupters" ( I think that that's what they're called) do work but a specialty rotor will work better. What model combine are you running?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, for the response but i need some clarification about the straight rasp bars your talking about. How many do i remove and what do i replace them with/ or leave them blank? We do have the keysock grates so that part shouldn't be a problem. I'll have to look into the notched separator bars on the back though.
Do you have any other issues when in bean?? How is the straw coming out, or do you have a chopper?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Straight rasp bars closest to transition cone are the ones to remove. Leave them blank. I have regular spreader on and straw seems to come out fine. I do have a cover over the steering cylinder and tie rod on left side of combine to keep trash from building up and falling off in piles.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how many straight rasp bars do you have removed?
What did you use for a cover over the steering cylinder and tie rod?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts