The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put the notched separator bars (less than 1/2 price from Shoup) on our 1620 for beans this season and was very impressed. I really can't say the combine performed any different than with the specialty. Is there any issues running the notched bars in corn?

·
Registered
105 Posts
No, none at all. Generally in a corn/bean combine the notched bars are used in conjunction with disrupters. I actually think that the tooth bars and disrupters are just as important in corn, it breaks up husks that might carry out loose kernals.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have seen two post on Disrupters . but i can not find them like three or four years ago if some body no wear i guy can by them i would be nice to see a post.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Disrupters

Estes manufacturing company made the disrupters. Did a web search and it looks like their web site no longer works so they must be out of business.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes I too agree they are as important in corn as in beans so yes absolutely leave them in.

Disrupters are available through Case, the kit part # is B95541 or indivdual B95555.

Its too bad no one can find Don, they were the exact same thing through him but much cheaper. I liked his notched bars better too cause they were hard surfaced. I bought a set from Don last fall, but tried calling him this fall and had no luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Jalopy thanks for the post i well have to get them from the dealer. I know 2 or three years ago you could find them at shoup ag supply and other places. but at that time i was not running a rotory combine i put the notched bars in and they seem to work good but i think the disruters would be a good option to have as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts