The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Previously John Deere guy. Just switched to a new 750 and new macdon draper. Our salesman will be out to help get us started, but thought I would ask here for a checklist to get us going. Plus we'll get to do it ourselves and will learn from doing instead of from seeing.

So could someone tell me how to get a new head setup on a new combine? I'm sure there are some learning procedures that need done. Header height, etc. I know there is an engine no load learning procedure.

Thanks in advance. BTW first time poster

·
Registered
497 Posts
I just did the same switch as you except I went with a 760 and a 45 foot md, just started beans today and the header has worked awesome the way it came from the dealer was surprised it would work that good off the start.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I like to calibrate fd70 with the pto unhooked.

On level ground, you need to go to header in cebis. Engage thresher and header and do the "learning". You won't want the big springs set so light that when you calibrate header and raise it, the header floats up. This will likely result in poor cal.
There is also a learning for what height the acre counter is engaged. Set it above 50 usually and set one or both if the return to cut heights above this set point.

You will learn several shortcuts for different settings.

Hold down on the ahhc button or return to cut button on hydro handle to reprogram the setpoint to the headers current position.
Another method that works better is the right hotkey, one click right iirc.

When using auto reel speed, turn it in under cebis, header, reel, speed "on"
The reel icon on the primary rotary dial...I set it all the way down. This is your minimum reel speed. If you temporarily want it faster, dial it up while combining.
To set the reel speed ratio, use the right rotary hotkey...1 click left iirc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.