The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
All my steel bin floors are coned and have legs so there is no shoveling. Looked into steel vs wood floors for some older flat bottom westeels last year. Found a hoppers for a bit more than a steel floor. In the long run I think it was a better buy.

Can buy a wood floor for $1000 here. Forget what the steel one was but a hopper with no air was only 2k more.

·
Registered
303 Posts
About 8 years ago we bought six 14 foot diameter steel floors.
We purchased them from Dale Redman at Margo, Sask.
His company was excellent to deal with and the Westeel bins mounted perfectly to the slots in steel floors.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Darmani? For what it is worth I have a couple of bins, never again will I deal with them. Warranty - forget it. The bins serve a purpose to remind me to spend a little extra and do it right the first time. The bins work but a pain in the butt. You asked about floors from them - surely they can not screw up floors but it would not surprise me.

·
Registered
803 Posts
You asked about floors from them - surely they can not screw up floors but it would not surprise me.[/QUOTE]

Brings back memories of a steel floor I got from Darmani many years ago. I told them it needed 192 evenly spaced bolt holes. First few bolts went in great then things started to get to be a struggle. They decided to give me 190 evenly spaced holes:(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Stay away from Darmani! Price wise, one of the best but that's about it. Don't honor warranty or make it so you have to spend 100 hours on the phone and writing letters. The lid openers are on a track with metal wheels, rusted solid in 2 years, now have to get up to open manually. Roof leaks, bugs and crust constant threat. Only use mine for the shortest term storage. Never again!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
As for the steel, I think they are way better than wood, but not as good as concrete. I'm currently replacing 3 or 4 wood floors a year onto concrete from bins new in the 90's. The worst thing in my case is they're really slippery floors if your cleaning them out with a drag or vac, especially canola.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
think there floors come with a 20 year warrenty, but have had the screws in the middle rust off, after a bit of water got it. I think theres better products out there

·
Registered
257 Posts
We have a three of them and one the local welder made for me, the darmani ones always have rotten grain in them the other one does not. There paint is very thin and I think the metal must be thinner too, because there is never rotten in the other one. Do not screw the floor together, just weld it, you will have rotten grain down the join after the second year, at least we did. The ground has to be very hard because the bins sink into the ground, all the weight is just around the edges.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.