The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2wd 2388 that has 14.9*24 rear tires & would like to go to something larger like a 540-65-24, or 18.4*26 for floatation on wet mucky soils.

Question is this.

Would it make it too hard to steer without the 2nd steering cylinder? My 2388 has only one steer cyl. I've been told that I might not be able to turn with my setup. Anyone have experience? I will be running a 30 grain head & 6 row corn head. TIA

·
Registered
28 Posts
You shouldn't have any problem, I've run 54-37-25 flotation tires on back of a 1688 with one steering cylinder without any problems, but it does have rear wheel assist.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Shouldn’t be a problem with 1 steering cylinder. We ran a 1480 and when we put the tracks on we ran 26’s and no RWA. It did have a hard time turning because the brakes didn’t work on the old girl. It steered fine except the back tires would slide a lot when turning in mud. The 1680 has RWA and works better for turning with the tracks on. 30’ Macdon. If you put the bigger tires on make sure they won’t rub on anything. This will depend on your rear wheel spacing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts